The health and safety of a workforce is an integral part of any productive organisation ensuring employees are fit and healthy and have the ability to perform the requirements of the job.
Our pre-employment medicals are customised to accommodate the specific job requirements. We take the time to understand the job description, the safety aspects of the environment they will be working under, as well as comprehensive occupational, family and personal history.
Our baseline medicals include:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Visual acuity including colour vision test
- Hearing test including Audiometry
- Cardiovascular examination
- Musculoskeletal examination
- Central nervous system examination
- Respiratory examination including Spirometry
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Chest X-Ray (optional)
Different to medical examinations, a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is an
- Physical flexibility
- Physical strength; and
- Aerobic Fitness
FCEs may be appropriate where the employee is working in confined space, requires significant labour intensive work, exposed to hazardous materials, or working at heights.